ER Champ Winners Crowned, Congratulations 6 Keys!
From Escape Buzz's ER Champ Round-Up:
Nearly 2,100 players took part in the ER Champ 2022 eliminations, forming almost 660 teams from about 50 different countries - the most popular this year turned out to be such countries as Japan, France, Canada, Poland, the United States and Slovakia. During the 4 hours of this stage, players performed more than 6.5 million actions - not to forget that many teams were still playing when the competition was over. A total of 116 teams qualified for the finals.
Shopping for the Holidays?
Here are some Puzzler Gift Guides
This festive season, give the gift of puzzles. Here are some of this year's publishes Holiday Gift Guides:
Perplexing Doodles' 24 Puzzles of Christmas
Every day this December, Perplexing Doodles is posting a series of fun, Christmas themed puzzles on their Facebook page. Keep an eye out for some special guest puzzle designers, and have fun!
Can you escape this Spotify Playlist?
And finally, for a bit more fun at the end of the year, Bewilder Box have created an escape room in a spotify playlist. Good luck and rock on!
🧾 In Other News
🔑 Recent Doors Unlocked
- Escape Zone Ohio has opened a new site in Cambridge, OH.
- Escapopolis has opened a new site with 1 room and 3 more soon in Lansdale, PA.
- Exit Strategy Games has opened a new room, Krampus, in Elk Grove, CA.
- Intrepid Escape Rooms has opened a new room, "The Terminal" in Tustin, CA.
- Jefferson County History Centre has opened an escape room in Brookville, PA.
- Kwest Club Escape Adventures has opened a new room, Mayan Jungle Rescue in Cibolo, TX.
- Rudolph's Run has opened in Louisville, KY.
- Tactical Escape 101 have opened a new room, The List, in Schlegelmilch House, Eau Claire, WI.
- The Escape Game is opening a new site with 6 rooms in Honolulu, HI.
- The Escape Game is opening a new site in Westlake, OH.
- The Great Xscape has announced plans to open a new site with 5 rooms in Loudon in Sterling, VA.
- Trapdoor Escape has announced a new site in Bethlehem, PA.
- Unchartered Adventures has opened a new room, Demolition Detour in Kyle, TX.
- Unlock Madison has opened a new room, Grounded, in Madison, SD.
- Escape Manor has announced a new site with 6 rooms in Ottaway.
- Adrenaline Escape has taken over Atherton Escape rooms and opened 4 rooms in Wigan.
- Adventure Rooms Guernsey have opened a new room, Hysteria, in Guernsey.
- All Stars Escape Rooms have opened a new site in Weston-super-mare.
- Chesterfield Escape Rooms have opened a new room, Sausage Surprise, in Chesterfield.
- Chirk Mill Escapes have opened with a Christmas Game in Wrexham.
- CIPHER have opened a new room, Hut 17, in Milton Keynes.
- Cyber Q have opened a new room, Alien, in Worcester.
- ESC Rushden has opened a new room, Claus' Christmas Crash, in Rushden.
- Escape from the Room have opened a new site in Wallington.
- Escape Leicester has opened a new room, Endless Story, in Leicester.
- Excape has opened a new room, The Vault, in Exmouth.
- Exciting Escapes Croydon are opening a new room, Silence is a Virtue, in London.
- Cornwall's Great Escape Rooms have opened a new room, HellsTown Basement in Helston.
- LevelUp Escapes has opened a new room, Ark Raiser, in Shrewsbury.
- Locked In A Room have opened Wallace and Gromit: A Grand Way Out in Bristol.
- Lucardo Rawtenstall have opened a new room, Claus for Concern in Rawtenstall.
- No1Escape have opened a new room, School of Magic 2, in London.
- Other World Escapes have opened a new room in Portmouth.
- Paradox Parlours have opened a new site in Woking.
- Perplexed are opening a new room, Grand Gallery Heist, in Soham.
- Pier Pressure have opened a new immersive experience, A Christmas Carol, in Hatfield.
- Prestige Escape Room has opened a new room, Zombie Nightmare, in Lowestoft.
- The Panic Room have opened a new room, Overload, in Gravesend.
- Valley Escape are opening with a new room, Time Traveller, in Swansea.
- VR Escape has opened a new venue with multiple VR rooms in Southend-on-Sea.
- Elude Escape Rooms has opened a new outdoor escape room, Stumped, in Galston, NSW, Australia.
📩 Have we missed an opening near you? Reply to this email and let us know!
A shout out to the resources & individuals who are a huge help when compiling this list each month:Escape the Review (UK), Matt Lui (CA), Rich Bragg (US), Morty App (Global)
🔊 ListenLast month in Podcasts & RadioCager Express: Escape Break"Escape Break featuring Beth Divel and Tatiyana Abarro: Southern California's premier escape room podcast show. We recap fun rooms, interviews and bizarre topics!" Cipherdelic Pod"Have you ever wondered who oils the cogs of the constantly evolving escape room industry? Think no more. In each episode we speak to a guest from the interactive experience industry to offer you, our listener, a peak behind the curtain." Escape This Podcast"A show that’s a mix of escape room puzzles and tabletop role-playing." Puzzling Company"On this podcast, Zach and Jared every week cover a new at home puzzle / escape room style game and discuss all things about it!" Reality Escape Pod"With this Podcast, your hosts David Spira & Peih-Gee Law explore immersive gaming from all angles, alongside guests with incredible experience in this realm." The Infinite Escape Room"The puzzling podcast where a gaggle of geographically diverse chums come together, have a drink - and work together to solve a home made escape room of the ears."
And finally, not quite a podcast but...Behind the Mastermind"Live on our "Behind the MasterMinds" show where we interview with game creator and you'll get a chance to win FREE game giveaways!!!"
🔎 December's Puzzle
In the spirit of Christmas, we're swapping our monthly puzzle to a cheesy joke instead:
What do you call an elf that runs away from Santa's workshop?
(Highlight to Reveal)
A rebel without a Claus!
Tweet us your answer @escapeindustry
Escape Industry News is brought to you by