Enigmarch Returns in 2023
"EnigMarch" is a daily puzzle creation challenge. Every day in March, the team will share a prompt that can be used as inspiration to create any kind of puzzle, from cryptograms to mazes to chess problems to those fruit-counting ones you see on Facebook. All skill levels are welcome, from expert puzzlesmiths to absolute beginners—you don’t have to create a masterpiece, just something that’s convincingly a puzzle.
RECON Remote 23 Announced
This year, RECON will look a little different as it will take place remotely. Whilst not all the information has been announced, you can sign up and watch the livestream in which the founders explain some of what to expect this year.
That's a Wrap on Another TransWorld Interactive Entertainment Show!
Last Sunday the TransWorld Interactive Entertainment Show concluded. TransWorld is the US's largest conference for the interactive entertainment industry and every year it features a growing escape room presence, including suppliers, vendors and owners. This year Buzzshot again took part! It was great meeting everyone. See you all next year!
Top 15 trends to watch in the visitor attractions industry in 2023
Blooloop has published it's trend predictions for 2023, with plenty of escape room shout outs to watch out for: "The visitor attractions sector is making a strong post-pandemic recovery, with operators spending on innovative and trend-setting experiences to entice guests. In 2023, visitors expect more than an Instagrammable moment. They want to be immersed and active in any experience."
🧾 In Other News
🔑 Recent Doors Unlocked
- Abandoned Acres Haunted Attraction has opened a new room, Trapped: Mineshaft Escape, in Sparta, MI.
- Appalachian Escape has opened a new site with one room in Richwood, WV.
- Axescape Room has opened a new room, Things are Strange, in Surprise, AZ.
- Clockwise have announced they are reopening a new site with 4 rooms in Pleasanton, CA.
- Escape Island HHI has opened a new room, True Grit Breakout in Hilton Head Island, SC.
- Escape Old Snohomish has opened a new room, Blue Bird Hotel in Snohomish, WA.
- Elizabethon Escape has opened a new venue in Elizabethon, TN.
- Escape the Bong is running four pop-up escape room experiences at the Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center in Superior, WI.
- Harrisburg Escape Rooms has opened a new room, Pharaoh's Tomb, in Harrisburg, PA.
- Haunted Hints are running three short 15-minute pop-up escape rooms, in Atlanta, GA.
- Hatch Escapes is (re)opening a new room, The Nest, in LA.
- Hidden Escape has opened a new site with two rooms in Park Falls, WI.
- Novel Mysteries has opened a new room, The Investigation Academy, in Tulsa, OK.
- The Escape Game has opened a new site in Concord, NC.
- The Ville Escape Room has opened a new room in Kirksville, MO.
- Time Travel Escapes has opened a new room, Lucky Pot of Gold, in Jupiter, FL.
- Angle Escape has opened a new room, The Arcade, in Peterborough.
- Break Escape is opening a new room, Outlaws, in Loughborough.
- Case Closed has opened a new room in Edinburgh.
- Divergent Games has opened a new room, Piggy Blinders, in Falkirk.
- Future Survival Events are opening a number of new escape rooms in Gravesend.
- Houdini's has opened a third branch in Southampton, and a new branch in York.
- Pier Pressure is opening a new room, Clue Company, at Preston Manor near Brighton.
- Project Escape Middlesborough is opening a new room, Wild West Prison Break, in Middlesborough.
- Rainforest Run is a new escape room in Plantasia Tropical Zoo, in Swansea.
- Random Rooms has opened a new room, The Purple Room, in the Isle of Wight.
- The Lift is a new escape room open with two rooms in Brighton.
- Escape This have opened a new room, Hitman, in Perth, WA, Australia.
- Escape This have also opened a new site in Hay St Mall, Perth, WA.
📩 Have we missed an opening near you? Reply to this email and let us know!
A shout out to the resources & individuals who are a huge help when compiling this list each month:Escape the Review (UK) Morty App (Global)
🔊 ListenLast month in Podcasts & RadioCager Express: Escape Break"Escape Break featuring Beth Divel and Tatiyana Abarro: Southern California's premier escape room podcast show. We recap fun rooms, interviews and bizarre topics!" Cipherdelic Pod"Have you ever wondered who oils the cogs of the constantly evolving escape room industry? Think no more. In each episode we speak to a guest from the interactive experience industry to offer you, our listener, a peak behind the curtain." Escape This Podcast"A show that’s a mix of escape room puzzles and tabletop role-playing." Puzzling Company"On this podcast, Zach and Jared every week cover a new at home puzzle / escape room style game and discuss all things about it!" The Infinite Escape Room"The puzzling podcast where a gaggle of geographically diverse chums come together, have a drink - and work together to solve a home made escape room of the ears."
These podcasts may not have released new episodes this month, but are well worth checking out:
- Enigmailed Puzzlecast
- Thoughts perspectives and unpacking of ideas from the man behind Enigmailed Puzzles.
- Reality Escape Podcast
- "With this Podcast, your hosts David Spira & Peih-Gee Law explore immersive gaming from all angles, alongside guests with incredible experience in this realm."
🔎 February's Puzzle
The start of the year always makes me look a little closer at the calendar, to today's puzzle is all about the current month:
If there are 5 Mondays, 5 Tuesdays and 5 Wednesdays in January, on what day of the week will February 1st fall?
Tweet us your answer @escapeindustry
Escape Industry News is brought to you by