The Draknet New Voices Puzzle Grant
The Draknek New Voices Puzzle Grant is a grant opportunity for game developers from traditionally underrepresented groups and backgrounds who are interested in designing and developing puzzle games. Apply for up to $20K USD for your digital escape room game.
The Brick Project's Escape Room Reaches 10,000 Supporters
Congratulations to Brick Project who have reached 10,000 supporters for their escape room made from LEGO. This means that LEGO have advanced the project into the Review Phase, meaning it's being considered for an official LEGO set. Watch this space, LEGO fans!
World's first French Escape Room Fair
Take part in the first French event entirely dedicated to escape games! This day intended for professionals in the sector will continue in the evening with the Escape Game Awards ceremony, open to the public, which will reward the best brands and rooms in France.
🧾 In Other News
- Tickets for RECON (Reality Escape Convention) taking place in Boston later this year are still available. Get yours here.
- Rumours of an escape room mini-festival in London, get involved here.
- Kids can learn escape room design from the creators of Ukiyo in the Ukiyo Academy.
- Enigmarch have published the results of their March puzzle creation event.
- Phantom Peak, a new immersive experience in London from escape room designer Nick Moran has been announced. Whilst we don't know just how 'escape room-y' this one is, it's one to watch.
- BATMAN: Arkham Asylum Files is a new and ambitious escape room-adjacent, looking project on Kickstarter and has just launched.
- Interested in opening an escape room at your school or local library? The website "Book Riot" shares it's tips.
- I work in an Escape Room and I’ve seen some bizarre things while you’re in there, from proposals to sacrifices, as reported by the Sun.
- I Went to a Socialist Escape Room to Break Free from Capitalism, as reported by VICE.
- We Got This Covered looks at the 10 best escape room movies of all time.
- Strange Bird Immersive's latest Bookends and Bottlenecks article is out: Inciting Incidents in Escape Rooms.
- For the first time ever, Wacky Wheels are running a three day UK escape room road trip from the 9-12th June.
- Russ Builds has published the final parts of his Build Your Own Escape Game Artefacts series.
- Last month the Cerebral Puzzle Showcase took place on steam, highlighting plenty of escape room games.
- Enigmailed, creators of the Fools Errand challenge, have a new Kickstarter (Notable Remains) that ends tomorrow.
🔑 Recent Doors Unlocked
- Beverly Heritage Centre has opened a new escape room in Randolph County Jail, Beverly, WV.
- Brighton Asylum Escape has opened a new room, Subway Escape in Passaic, NJ.
- Eloise Asylum has opened a new room, Escape the Asylum in Westland, MI.
- Escape Enterprise is opening a new venue in Troy, AL.
- Escape Room Novi has opened a new room, Candy Factory, in Novi, MI.
- Escape the Asylum has opened in Detroit, MI.
- Factory Of Fear has opened a new room in Moline, IL.
- Grape Escape has opened a new room, Temple of Razum, in Napa, CA.
- Hourglass Escapes has opened a new room, Mystery at Innsmouth in Seattle, WA.
- Hunt a Killer is doing an in-person, 'immersive experience' next month in San Francisco, CA.
- Locksmith Escape Games has opened a new room, Bloodshed Bayou, in Sanford, FL.
- Mindsuite has opened a new escape room in Upland, CA.
- Mind Trap has opened a new room, 40 Thieves, in Murietta, CA.
- Puzzle Break has opened a new room, Puppeteer's Workshop in Seattle, WA.
- Reason has opened a new room in San Francisco, CA.
- Solve it Sherlock has opened a new room, Sacred Stones, in Neptune, NJ.
- Sure Lock Escapes has opened with one room in Renton, WA.
- Wild Goose Escapes has announced it's launching a new room, Secrets of Shadow Point this summer in Fullerton, CA.
- We couldn't find any new openings in Canada this month. Know of one? Let us know by hitting 'reply' to this email! 🔐
- Break Escape has opened a new room, Elixir Vitae in Loughborough.
- Breakout Manchester have opened a new room, Immortal, in Manchester.
- Clued Up Norwich has opened a new room, Casino Escapade in Norwich.
- Escapism has opened a new branch with three rooms in Plymouth.
- Get Out has opened with two rooms in Wisbech.
- Houdini's has opened a new branch with two rooms in Coventry.
- Leas Lift Lockout have opened a new game, Interdimensional Detention in Folkestone.
- Northern Frights has opened a room, Zombie Breakout Escape Room at Reset Aberdeen in Aberdeen.
- Prestige Escape Rooms has opened a new room, The Witch's Lair in Lowestoft.
- Prodigy Escapes has opened in Exeter.
- Room Lockdown Escape Rooms has opened a new room, Police Custody in London.
- The Escapement have opened a new branch in Broadstairs.
- The Escapologist has opened a new room, Jurassic Freeze in Leeds.
- The Locked Door has opened a new room, Rogue 171, in Aberdeen.
- Tick Tock Leeds has opened a new experience, The Library of Broken Books, in Leeds.
- Trapped in Fiction have opened a new room, The Forbidden Room of Fun in Basingstoke.
- Urban Mysteries Co is opening a new escape room, Lucidity, this month in Adelaide, Australia.
📩 Have we missed an opening near you? Reply to this email and let us know!
🔎 June's Puzzle
A nice and simple one for you this month... Guess the next three letters in the sequence:A, N, A, S, O, F ...
Tweet us your answer @escapeindustry
Escape Industry News is brought to you by