RECON 22 will take place in Boston August 21-22
Reality Escape Artist have announced that RECON 22 will take place August 21 – 22, 2022, in person, in Boston, USA. The convention is for owners, creators, players and supporters of escape rooms, and tickets are on sale now.
The daily puzzle creation challenge 'Enigmarch' is in full swing this month!
Enigmarch is a daily puzzle creation challenge for the month of March. Every day a new prompt is announced and puzzlers from all around the world can use this inspiration to create any kind of puzzle they like. All skill levels are welcome, from expert puzzlesmiths to absolute beginners—you don’t have to create a masterpiece, just something that’s convincingly a puzzle.
'REPOD' Returns for Season 3
Last month Reality Escape podcast returned for season 3. Hosted by David Spira & Peih-Gee Law, guests so far have included Immersia Escape Games, Johanna Koljonen & Nordic Larp, and Kathryn Yu of No Proscenium.
🧾 In Other News
- The Book of Dreams is an escape room style puzzle anthology by 12 escape room companies across the world launching in support of Doctors Without Borders.
- NoPro Audience Award Winners announced, including several escape room experiences.
- Whilst the first prize for the Cryptex Hunt 2022 has now been claimed, there's still time to play.
- Rumours have it that Universal Orlando are working on a few new themed escape rooms.
- The New Yorker discusses remote working and remote teambuilding in it's latest article, including virtual escape rooms.
- Tired of Wordle? Here's Enigmida's favourite variants.
- The Pouroboros Hoard, a puzzle hunt by Enigmailed is announced in London.
- "Vintage Rotary Phone Tutorial… Or Why They Are Confusing" read the latest Escape Room Design article by REA.
- Disney Plus reveals details about The Zone: Survival Mission, a Korean, escape-room style gameshow.
- Bookends & Bottlenecks, Strange Bird Immersive talks about good game design in escape rooms.
- Castilla-La Mancha celebrates 40th anniversary of autonomy status with a Don Quixote escape room.
- Derren Brown opens up in an interview with List about who he'd take in an escape room.
- Armchair Escapist's latest article explores common 'escape room' words and their meaning.
- In NME, Charlie Brooker looks back on Netflix's Bandersnatch and discusses how the original plans were more complex, like an escape room packed with puzzles.
- 30 Puzzle Design Lessons from the world's greatest puzzle communities.
- Blooloop reports: Tick Tock Unlock‘s new unique experience in Leeds merges escape games with immersive theatre.
- Chris Ramsay's escape game Vektek Security Kit is now on sale.
- CluedUpp, creators of outdoor escape room style games has announced a new theme - Alice in Wonderland - in a number of cities around the world.
- GCHQ awards Gold, Silver and Bronze status to schools hosting cyber escape room experience.
- MP Jamie Hepburn joins a school in Glasgow for an escape room experience.
🔑 Recent Doors Unlocked
- Beyond Escape has opened a new site with one room in Durham, NH.
- Breakout ND has opened in Bismarck, ND.
- Deadlock Escape has announced a new escape room, Hijacked opening soon in St Charles, MO.
- Deceptive Games has announced a new escape room, Midnight Carnival, opening soon in Lake Forest, CA.
- Diablo Escapes has opened a new experience, Pirate's Plague VR, in Walnut Creek, CA.
- Escape Company Savannah has opened a new room, The Caverns, in Savannah, GA.
- Escape Games Worchester has opened a new room, MAFIAAA in Worchester, MA.
- Escapology has announced plans to open in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- Escapology Trumbull has opened a new room, Narco, in Trumbull CT.
- Lockport Escape Room has opened it's site in Lockport, IL.
- Puzzlescape has opened a new room, Something Wicked, in Hudson, MA.
- Stage III has opened an escape room, Escape from Happy Valley Center, in Casper, WY.
- Strasburg Railroad has opened a new escape room in a train carriage in Strasburg, PA.
- The Room AZ has announced a new room, Asylum in Avondale, AZ.
- Trap Door Escape has announced plans to open a new site in Bethlehem, PA.
- Trapology Boston has overhauled it's room The Institute, in Boston, MA.
- Waxhaw Escape has opened a new room, Dirty Money, Good Deed in Waxhaw, NC.
- Enigma Rooms has opened a new room, Arabian Nights in Doncaster.
- Escape Blackwood has opened a new room, Cursed, in Blackwood.
- Escape Hunt has opened a new room, Journey to Atlantis in Milton Keynes and Kingston.
- Escape in Time has opened Escape from the Golden Hinde in London.
- Eureka Escape has opened a second escape room in Falmouth.
- Game Over Liverpool is opening a new Squid Game themed escape room in Liverpool.
- Great Big Escape has opened a new escape room venue in Dorchester.
- Hackers is a new escape room venue that has opened with one room in Billericay.
- Horror Escape has opened a new room, Murder Mansion, in London.
- Stirling Old Town Jail has opened a new escape room in Scotland.
- Tick Tock Unlock has unveiled a new immersive escape game experience launching in May.
- Trapped Escape Rooms has opened a new room, The Deed, in Okehampton.
- Ware Escape Rooms has opened a new room, Hunted, in Ware.
- Clue Hunters has opened a new escape room site in Nelson, New Zealand.
- Lost Reality has opened a new room, Sherlock Holmes: London is Falling in Perth, Australia.
📩 Have we missed an opening near you? Reply to this email and let us know!
🔎 March's PuzzleAn EXCEPTIONALLY RARE Twosday took place last month!
On Tuesday 22nd February 2022 the date read as 2/22/22.
But how long until the next Twosday will fall on a Tuesday?
Tweet us your answer @escapeindustry
Escape Industry News is brought to you by