Morty has released their long-awaited browser version
Morty is one of the most popular escape room social media and tracking apps, but until now it's only been available on iOS. According to a recent newsletter, in the web version players may:
- Sign In
- Search the database
- Wishlist / Book escape rooms
- Mark games as played
- Be tagged by other players
Enigmarch, A Daily Puzzle Challenge in March is in Full Swing!
This year, Enigmarch returns with a number of new features - a Discord channel, and a series of video interviews leading up to the event. From the website: "EnigMarch is a daily puzzle creation challenge. Every day in March, @EnigMarchHQ will share a prompt that can be used as inspiration to create any kind of puzzle you like, from cryptograms to mazes to chess problems to those fruit-counting ones you see on Facebook. All skill levels are welcome, from expert puzzlesmiths to absolute beginners—you don’t have to create a masterpiece, just something that’s convincingly a puzzle."
🧾 In Other News
🔑 Recent Doors Unlocked
- City Escape Games has opened a new site with one room, Rockstar, in Tacoma, WA.
- CU Adventures has opened a new room, Starship Icarus, in Urbana, IL.
- Escape Room Arlington has opened a new room, Retro Replay, in Arlington, VA.
- Stumptown have announced a new location in May, in Portland OR.
- Surelock Escapes has opened a new room, Guardian's Grove, in Renton, WA.
- The Escape Game has announced a new site in Concord, CA, and one in San Diego, and Gatlinburg, TN.
- The Escape Ventures has opened a new room, Operation Arctic Storm, in Orlando, FL.
- The Immersive Machine has opened a new room, Sal's Cybernetics, in Phoenix, AZ.
- The Ruse has opened a new room, Checkmate, in Grand Rapids, MI.
- UNSC Charlotte has opened an escape room, Paranormal Escapes, in Charlotte, NC.
- Wild Goose have opened a new site with two rooms, in Irvine, CA.
- Imaginarium has announced that Space Station 19 will soon be opening indoors, in Toronto, ON.
- Retro Oasis has opened a new room, Agatha's Abysmal Abode, in Okotoks, AB.
- Black Hawk Laser have opened a new room, Pharaoh's Revenge, in Oswestry.
- Deadlock has opened a new room, Vacant, in Maplethorpe.
- Enigma Rooms have opened a new branch in Chippenham.
- Escape Rooms Cheltenham has opened a new room in Cheltenham.
- Escapism Plymouth have opened two new rooms in Plymouth.
- Get Out have opened a new room, The Break In, in Hartlepool.
- Houdini's have opened a new branch with two rooms in Crewe, and a new room with three rooms in Doncaster.
- The Attic Romsey has opened a new room, Escape the Attic, in Romsey.
- The Locksmith's Dream has announced new dates, in Monmouth.
- The Panic Room has opened a new room, Return to the Tomb, in Harlow.
- Ware Escape Rooms have opened two new rooms in Ware.
- Escape Hunt has opened a new room, Curse of the Pharaoh, in Fremantle, Australia.
- Escape This has opened a new room, The President's Briefcase, in Perth, Australia.
- Labyrinthine Escape Room has opened a new room, Zen, in Parramatta, NSW, Australia.
📩 Have we missed an opening near you? Reply to this email and let us know!
🔊 ListenLast month in Podcasts & RadioCager Express: Escape Break"Escape Break featuring Beth Divel and Tatiyana Abarro: Southern California's premier escape room podcast show. We recap fun rooms, interviews and bizarre topics!" Escape This Podcast"A show that’s a mix of escape room puzzles and tabletop role-playing." Puzzling Company"On this podcast, Zach and Jared every week cover a new at home puzzle / escape room style game and discuss all things about it!" The Infinite Escape Room"The puzzling podcast where a gaggle of geographically diverse chums come together, have a drink - and work together to solve a home made escape room of the ears."
These podcasts aren't necessarily about escape rooms, but have recently released episodes on the topic.
- Future of Storytelling - How to Design an Escape Room
- Escape rooms give audiences the opportunity to use their minds and bodies in an exciting, participatory experience. Victor van Doorn and his company Sherlocked are taking that offering to the next level by integrating deep storytelling into their rooms for an altogether more immersive experience. Hear Victor talk about how to design with an eye towards narrative and flow on today’s episode of the FoST podcast.
These podcasts may not have released new episodes this month, but are well worth checking out:
- Cipherdelic Pod
- "Have you ever wondered who oils the cogs of the constantly evolving escape room industry? Think no more. In each episode we speak to a guest from the interactive experience industry to offer you, our listener, a peak behind the curtain."
- Enigmailed Puzzlecast
- Thoughts perspectives and unpacking of ideas from the man behind Enigmailed Puzzles.
- Reality Escape Podcast
- "With this Podcast, your hosts David Spira & Peih-Gee Law explore immersive gaming from all angles, alongside guests with incredible experience in this realm."
🛠️ The Job Board
Hiring for a job in the escape room industry? Let us know.
🔎 March's Puzzle
Inspired by a recent #Enigmarch
prompt, March's puzzle comes at you in the form of a curious list:
- A star shooting left, with two tails
- At the end of this sentence.
- Say "available" slowly
- And the same again.
- The beat to a waltz
- A long, three beat pause.
- Left eye winking
- Finally, to round it all off.
Tweet us your answer @escapeindustry
Escape Industry News is brought to you by