ER Champ 2022 Elimination Round has Concluded, Next Up: The Finale
This weekend the Escape Room Championship saw the Elimination Round of the annual competition. Up next:
🏆 Grand Final (November 26, 4 PM UTC)
Of the 671 teams that entered the eliminations, only 100 progress to the finale.
TERPECA Voting Now Open!
The nomination round of the TERPECA awards has concluded. Now, the voting stage begins. In a recent Facebook post, the TERPECA organisers shared some fun facts about nominations this year:
- Over 340 enthusiasts submitted nominations (up from 247 last year)
- Over 4500 individual nominations were submitted (up from around 4300 last year)
- Over 880 eligible rooms received at least one nomination (up from 805 last year)
They have whittled it down to 337 finalists. It's time to vote!
PAX Unplugged for Puzzles
PAX Unplugged is a tabletop gaming-focused event specifically tailored to lovers of board games, RPGs, miniatures, cards, and more. People attending PAX Unplugged this year have plenty of puzzle events to choose from including:
Sherlocked to Host Digital Puzzle Contest This Month
From November 17th - December 22nd, Sherlocked has announced they'll be hosting a series of puzzles on their social media accounts. Each week, one winner will win an escape room experience (from tickets for Sherlocked’s online escape game, to tabletop mystery games from Diorama and Society of Curiosity, Curious Correspondence, the Arcane Store’s Codex Silenda, and Spectre and Vox’s limited-edition table-top game). One player who correctly submits the answer to a final, seventh puzzle will receive a VIP ticket to play The Alchemist and a two night stay at the Zoku hotel in Amsterdam.
🧾 In Other News
🔑 Recent Doors Unlocked
- Coastal Escape Rooms has opened a new room, Creepy Carnival, in Surfside, SC.
- Crossroads Escape Games has opened a new room, The Weeping Witch, in Anaheim, CA.
- Deadline Escape Rooms has opened a new room, Freakshow, in Reno, NV.
- Doors of Divergence has opened a new room, Madness, in Brooklyn, NY.
- Encrypt is a new venue open with two rooms in Norfolk, NE.
- Escape2Win has opened a new room, The Attic, in Virginia Beach, VN.
- Escapetown Peoria has opened a new room, Candy shoppe, in Peoria, IL.
- Escape Room LoCo has opened a new room, Halloween Town, in Leesburg, VA.
- Escapology Gainsville has opened a new room, Lost City, in Gainsville FL.
- Escapology Clackamas has opened a new room, Murder on the Orient Express, in Clackamas OR.
- Exit 4 Escape Rooms is opening a new branch in Lima, OH.
- Granite State Escape has opened a new room, Project Mars, in Manchester, NH.
- Lakeside Escapes is a new venue opening with a mobile escape room in Hartington, NB
- Live Action Escapes has opened a new room, Cold Case, in Worchester, MA.
- Lock and Key is a new venue now open in Minneapolis, MN.
- Lock, Clock & Peril have opened a new room, Teleporter Trials, in Sumter, SC.
- Memphis Escape Rooms has opened a new room, The Jurassic Project, in Memphis, TN.
- Peddlers & Parchments have opened a new room, The Eternal Glow Room in Brooklyn, NY.
- Quinnzs Pinz has opened an escape room at their bowling site in Middletown, NY.
- The Bureau Orlando has opened a new room, Posession at Haddon Heights, in Orlando, FL.
- The Escape Adventures have opened a new room, Neighbourhood Watcher, in Orlando, FL.
- The Escape Game has opened a new branch with four rooms in LA.
- The Ultimate Escape Rooms has opened a new room, The Demented Doctor, in Marina Del Rey, CA.
- Time Emporium has opened a new room, Staked, in Fort Collins, CO.
- United Escapes of America has opened a new room, Mr. Hyde, in Mesa, AZ.
- Cryptic Characters has opened a new room, Dungeon of Despair in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Escape Legends has opened a new room, Dragon's Treasure in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
- Hint Hunt has opened a new room, Submarine, in Mississauga, ON.
- The Locked Room has opened a new room, Mythical Creatures in Calgary, Alberta.
- Break Escape has announced a new room, Santa's Sweet Success in Loughborough.
- Bust Out 360 has opened a new room in Slough.
- Cluetopia are opening a Christmas game at their Clacton and Ipswitch branches.
- Cryptic Escape Rooms has opened a new branch in Hill.
- Deadlock Escape Rooms is a new venue that has opened with 1 room in Mablethorpe.
- Escape Entertainment will soon be opening a new room, Chernobyl, in Cheltenham.
- Escape Hunt has opened a new branch in London, and a new branch in Bournemouth.
- Escape Room Sussex is opening a new room, A Winter Expedition, in Hailsham.
- Escape Rooms Suffolk is opening The Night Before Christmas: You're Hired, in Bury St Edmunds.
- Escape The Game is opening a new room, The Missing Reindeer, in Bovey Tracey.
- Escapism Chester is opening a new game, Museum Heist, in Chester.
- Eureka Escape is opening new Christmas rooms in Penzance, Truro and Falmouth.
- Exit Strategy has opened a new game, Treasure Quest, on the Isle of Man.
- Go Escape has opened a new room, Murder at the Manor, in Dunfermline.
- High Wycombe Escape Rooms is opening a new room, Elf Isolation, in High Wycombe.
- Horton's Emporium has opened a new room, The Raven's Revenge, in Northampton.
- Houdini's has opened a new branch in Greenwich, London.
- Hourglass Escapes has opened a new room, The Great British Break Out, in Downham Market.
- Jersey Escape Tunnel has opened a new room, Prison Break, in Jersey.
- King's Escapes has opened with 1 room in Whitehaven.
- Mindworks has opened a new room, Trapped for Cash, in Worthing.
- Pier Pressure are opening two new rooms, The Great Elfscape and A Christmas Carol in Brighton.
- Pirate Escape has opened a new room, The Captain's Vault, in Whitley Bay.
- Pressure Point is opening two new games, Candyland and Candyland 2, in Ashford.
- Puzzalogical has opened a number of new VR games in Bracknell.
- Sudbury Escape Room are opening a new room, When Santa Got Stuck Up the Chimney, in Sudbury.
- The Commandery has opened an escape new room, Commandery Quest in Worcester.
- The Escape Goat has opened a new room, Elfy's Broken Heart, in Dover.
- The Escapologist has opened a new room, The Butchering, in Leeds.
- The Great Big Escape is opening a new room, The Barber of Pope Street, in Dorchester.
- The Great Escape has opened a new room, No Hope in Hell in Sheffield.
- The Locksmith's Dream is a new escape room-type experience taking place in Monmouth, Wales in December.
- The Puzzle Room Cannock has announced a new room, Sophia's Perfect Christmas Setup, in Cannock.
- Timequest has opened two new rooms, Agent 201 and Elf Magic 3 in Tonbridge.
- Time Run Presents has announced a new game, The Mind of Moriarty, an official tie-in to the Sherlock TV series, in London.
- Ware Escape Rooms have opened 2 new rooms in Ware.
- XscapeNow has opened a new room, Oz, in Telford.
- XScream Escapes has opened a new room, The Doctor is In, in Ashford.
- Escape Hunt has opened a new room, Alice in Puzzleland, in Sydney, NSW.
- Escape Squad has opened a new room, The Nuclear Express, in Mandurah WA.
- Red Lock Escape Room has announced a new room, Carn-Evil in Sunshine Coast, QLD.
📩 Have we missed an opening near you? Reply to this email and let us know!
A shout out to the resources & individuals who are a huge help when compiling this list each month:Escape the Review (UK), Matt Lui (CA), Rich Bragg (US), Morty App (Global)
🔊 ListenLast month in Podcasts & RadioCager Express: Escape BreakEscape Break featuring Beth Divel and Tatiyana Abarro: Southern California's premier escape room podcast show. We recap fun rooms, interviews and bizarre topics! Escape This PodcastA show that’s a mix of escape room puzzles and tabletop role-playing. Puzzling CompanyOn this podcast, Zach and Jared every week cover a new at home puzzle / escape room style game and discuss all things about it!Reality Escape PodWith this Podcast, your hosts David Spira & Peih-Gee Law explore immersive gaming from all angles, alongside guests with incredible experience in this realm. The Infinite Escape RoomThe puzzling podcast where a gaggle of geographically diverse chums come together, have a drink - and work together to solve a home made escape room of the ears.
🔎 November's Puzzle
As we begin counting down the days left in the year, here's a fun maths puzzle to keep you busy. What is special about the following sequence:
Tweet us your answer @escapeindustry
Escape Industry News is brought to you by