TERPECA Nominations are Closed, Voting Now Open
From the TERPECA Facebook page, here are some highlights from this year:
- Over 440 enthusiasts submitted nominations, up from 359 last year
- Over 4300 individual nominations were submitted
- Over 930 eligible rooms received at least one nomination
This year's awards show will be Saturday, December 16 at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT / 10pm CET / 11pm EET / 8am Sunday AEDT.
Photos form the Escape Room World Championships 2023
Escape Buzz has recently published an article packed with photos and details from the recent Escape Room World Championships held in Wroclaw this year. Featured above, the team RIDDLER SUKIYAKI. They are also seeking collaborators on ER Champ 2024.
EGA2023 Shenzhen Awards Ceremony (#EGA2023) Took Place this Month
The EGA (Experiential Games Awards) has hosted the ceremony for the National Excellent Reality Game Award in China this month. This includes both regional and national awards, including "Most Innovative", "Best Puzzle Solving Experience", "Best Horror Experience" and so on. It looks like a spectacular awards ceremony, and you can read more (though a pre-warning that this page is not available in English) below.
It's Nearly Advent Calendar Season 🎄✨
Wait, why is this news? Well this month I've spotted two online puzzle-y advent calendar events, and they both deserve a shout out.
The first is video-game focused, called The Confounding Calendar. Each day a short, single-level puzzle game from a different submitter will be made available.
The second is from everyone's favourite escape room meme page, Perplexing Doodles. An advent calendar of puzzles from different creators each day. The cool part is - one of the puzzles has been created by yours truly 💁♀️
Are there any online puzzle events for December we've missed? Let us know and we'll include them in December's issue of Escape Industry News.
🧾 In Other News
Not quite an escape room but...
🔑 Recent Doors Unlocked
- Axescape has opened a new room, Saving Christmas, in Surprise, AZ.
- Boxed In Escape Rooms has opened a new room, Sweet Lou's Great Candy Caper, in St. Louis, MO.
- Brighton Asylum has opened two new rooms, Mystical Manor, and A Christmas Story, in Passaic, NJ.
- Epic Escape Game has opened a new room, 5t0p_th3_80m8.ai in Denver, CO.
- Escape Room LA has opened a new room, Black Dragon, in Los Angeles, CA.
- Exodus Escape Room has opened a new room, Clark's Crazy Christmas, in Anaheim, CA.
- Maze Rooms has opened a new room, Ghost Hunters, in Los Angeles, CA.
- Locked Up has opened up a new site with two rooms, Defused and Guantanamo Bay in Lafayette, IN.
- Murfreesboro Escape Rooms has opened a new room, Christmas Crunchtime, in Murfreesboro, TN.
- No Esc has opened a new room, Sherwood Forest, in Shakopee, MN
- Room to Escape has opened a new room, Triumph Over Evil in Fort Wayne, IN.
- The Escape Game has opened a new site with five rooms in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- The Lodge of Lazarus Crowe has officially opened in St Paul, MN.
- The Lone Jack Historical Society has opened a new escape room, Escape the Dragon, in Lone Jack, MO.
- Trapped in the Upstate has opened a new room, Striking Gold, in Spartanburg, SC.
- United Escapes of America has opened a new room, The Killer Kramp-mas in Mesa, AZ.
- Wild Goose Escapes has opened a new room, What Happened in Vegas, in Huntington Beach, CA.
Not quite an escape room but...
We couldn't find any new openings in Canada this month. If this is a mistake, let us know by replying to this email!
- Adventure Rooms has opened a new game, Pirate, in Cardiff.
- Agent Brains has opened a new room, Mobbery, in Letchworth.
- Axes and Escapes has opened a new room, Beyond the Graves in Fakenham.
- Breakout Liverpool has opened a new room, The Haunting, in Liverpool.
- Can You Escape York has opened a new room, Operation Contagion in York.
- Chesterfield Escape Rooms has opened a new room, Elves on the Shelves, in Chesterfield.
- Cluedini's has opened a new room, Outlawed in Darlington.
- Cryptic Escape Rooms Hull have opened a new room, Grinchmas in Hull.
- Enigma Escapes has opened a new room, The Curse of Topaz in South Sheilds.
- EO Escape Rooms has opened a new room, The Keyper's Secret, in Sudbury.
- Escape Entertainment has opened a new room, The Scheming Chemist in London.
- Escape Games has opened a new site with two rooms in Middlesborough.
- Escape Peterborough have opened a new room, Buried Alive, in Peterborough.
- Escape Plymouth have opened a new room, Santa's List, in Plymouth.
- Escape Quest have opened a new room, Mistletoe Mysteries in Macclesfield.
- Escape Rooms Cardiff have opened a new room, The Tomb 2 , in Cardiff.
- Escape Rooms Cheltenham have opened a new room, Candy Cane Kitchen.
- Escape Rooms Durham has opened a new room, The Magic of Christmas, in Durham.
- Escape Rooms Suffolk have just opened a new room, The Night Before Christmas, in Bury St Edmunds.
- Escape the Game have opened a new room, Santa Escape, in Bovey Tracey.
- Escape Windsor have opened two new rooms, Cannibal Cabin, and Spaced Out in Windsor.
- Exit Strategy have opened a new room, Christmas Unlocked, on the Isle of Man.
- Dreadlock have opened a new room, Christmas at Gran's in Bodmin.
- Houdini's has opened a new room, Dragon's Hoard in Southampton.
- Houdini's has also opened up a new branch with three rooms in Stafford.
- Keylock have opened a new room, National Elf Service, in Wickford.
- Lakes Escapes has opened a new room, Freezy the Snowman in Workington.
- Locked In Glasgow have opened a new room, Doll's House in Glasgow.
- Mythologic have opened a Christmas Room, Sneaky Santa in Gillingham.
- Ouija have opened a new room, The Infirmary, in Bournemouth.
- Paradox Escape has opened it's site with two rooms in Bradford.
- Pier Pressure have opened a new room, The Great Elfscape in Brighton.
- Project Escape has opened a new room, The Upside Down, in Middlesborough.
- Puzzlez is a new escape room company open with three rooms in Ongar.
- Ready Escape Games has opened a new room, Murder at the Party, in Brighton.
- Rushden Escape Rooms have opened a new room, Retro, in Rushden.
- Suffolk Escape Rooms have just opened a new room, The Hideout, in Saxmundham.
- The Locked Door have opened a new room, Christmas Carnival, in Aberdeen.
- The Puzzle Room have opened three new games in Cannock.
- Timequest has opened a new room, The Farm, in Tonbridge.
- Top Escape Rooms have opened a new room, Elf Who, in Worcester.
- UK Escape Games has reopened with three rooms in Mansfield.
We couldn't find any new openings in Australia or New Zealand this month. If this is a mistake, let us know by replying to this email!
📩 Have we missed an opening near you? Reply to this email and let us know!
🔊 ListenLast month in Podcasts, Radio & Live ShowsCager Express: Escape Break"Escape Break featuring Beth Divel and Tatiyana Abarro: Southern California's premier escape room podcast show. We recap fun rooms, interviews and bizarre topics!" Escape This Podcast"A show that’s a mix of escape room puzzles and tabletop role-playing." Live from the CodeBarLive from the CodeBar is a twice-monthly podcast about Armchair Treasure Hunts, codes, ciphers, puzzles, Escape Rooms as well as ARG's and puzzle subscription boxes. Locked in a Podcast”Locked In a Podcast” is an escape room themed podcast from the team at The Panic Room. Alex & co will take listeners on an exciting journey through the world of escape rooms. Reality Escape Pod"Your hosts David Spira & Peih-Gee Law explore immersive gaming from all angles. Our guests have made awesome stuff: ARGs, puzzle hunts, tabletop games, and of course, escape rooms." The Infinite Escape Room"The puzzling podcast where a gaggle of geographically diverse chums come together, have a drink - and work together to solve a home made escape room of the ears."
These podcasts may not have released new episodes this month, but are well worth checking out:
- Life is an Escape Room
- "The Life Is An Escape Room Podcast explores how the skills you gain playing escape rooms with intention will make you more successful in all aspects of your life."
- Cipherdelic Pod
- "Have you ever wondered who oils the cogs of the constantly evolving escape room industry? Think no more. In each episode we speak to a guest from the interactive experience industry to offer you, our listener, a peak behind the curtain."
- Puzzling Company
- "On this podcast, Zach and Jared every week cover a new at home puzzle / escape room style game and discuss all things about it!"
🔎 November's Puzzle
You know I love rebus puzzles, so here's one of my absolute favourites:
Why it's my favourite? Well, I don't...
Escape Industry News is brought to you by